We are often asked about the best way to eat muesli, and we've got some suggestions for you below.
Muesli is a delicious and nutritious combination of oats, nuts, dried fruit and seeds. It can be eaten as breakfast, snack, lunch, or even dinner or dessert.
We consider muesli to be one of the most versatile products in the cereal aisle because there are endless ways to enjoy it.
How to Prepare Muesli
Eat muesli cold:
The easiest way to enjoy muesli is just like cereal: pour it in a bowl, add your favorite milk (whether cow, nut, oat, soy milk or another type.) and then dig right in. The longer you let it soak, the richer the flavor will be, plus the oats will soften and become similar to oatmeal. Typically, equal parts milk and muesli make the best bowl of cereal.
Creating a yogurt parfait is another delicious and creative way to eat muesli. This makes a fabulous addition to breakfast, any weekend brunch, or a healthy and filling snack. Simply layer ½ cup of muesli on top of 1 cup of yogurt (we recommend unsweetened yogurt for the most health benefits). Then add our favorite fruits, nuts and any other toppings you like, such as berries, cinnamon or a bit of raw honey.
All of our GUUD muselis come with nuts, seeds and dried fruits already included, but that shouldn't stop you from adding whatever you want on top! Additional fresh fruit, vegetables, sweeteners, spices, etc. can all make muesli even more delicious and satisfying. As we mentioned, the possibilities are basically endless.
Here are some winning combinations to try out:
- Coconut Cashew muesli with milk and fresh mango and bananas
- Fruity Almond muesli with Greek yogurt, apples, and cinnamon
- Brain Fuel muesli with milk, fresh raspberries and a drizzle of honey (if vegan, use maple syrup or another sweetener)
- Athlete Fuel muesli with Greek yogurt, fresh cherries and chia seeds
- Combine any of our GUUD muesli (although we're partial to use our Gut Fuel muesli) with applesauce or mashed bananas for an entirely different type of vegan breakfast
Eat muesli hot:
Muesli has a base of rolled oats, which means it can be prepared just like oatmeal. But unlike oatmeal, muesli has added nuts, seeds and fruit to make it anything but bland-tasting.
To make hot muesli, mix one part muesli with one part water or milk (any kind you want.) Pop it into the microwave for one minute, or bring it to a boil over the stovetop, stirring occasionally.
Once cooked, add whatever you want to muesli as a topping, such as:
- Fresh fruit
- Nuts, seeds, nut butters
- Dried fruit
- Sweeteners such as stevia extract, maple syrup or honey
- Protein powder, such as hemp protein or collagen protein
- Cinnamon, vanilla extract, cocoa powder or other spices
Make overnight oats with muesli:
In the morning, you'll have a creamy, delicious muesli breakfast to enjoy. Add fresh fruit,or almost anything else depending on your preferences, such as sliced almonds or peanut butter.
Here are some fan-favorite combination for muesli overnight oats:
- 1/2 cup Athlete Fuel muesli, 1/2 cup oat milk, 1TBSP vanilla protein powder and fresh berries
- 1/3 cup Coconut Cashew muesli, 1/3 cup water, ⅓ cup yogurt ,and diced apples and blueberries
- 1/3 cup Fruity Almond muesli, 1/3 cup milk and cashew butter
- 1/2 cup Brain Fuel muesli, 1/2 cup oat milk and dark chocolate chips
Bake or cook with muesli:
Muesli can be used as a replacement in most recipes that call for rolled oats, such as muffins or homemade granola bars.
You can also make a low-sugar granola by baking muesli on a cooking sheet with a little maple syrup
Check out a few of our popular recipes below, plus more on our recipe page.
Use muesli as a topper or a snack:
Muesli is delicious on top of ice cream, yogurt, sorbet, apple sauce and more. It adds a bit of crunch and nutrition to just about anything. Of course, you can simply grab a handful and eat it as a snack or use it as the base of healthy homemade trail mix.
As you can see, there really is no limit to how you can eat muesli. You can be as creative as you want!
Now that you know how to eat muesli, add one (or more!) of our muesli recipes to your cart and enjoy!